In recent years, environmental awareness has risen and bicycle leisure activities have prevailed. The Taiwan Railway has cooperated with the government to promote energy conservation, carbon reduction and zero pollution, and provides services for people to carry bicycles. However, based on safety and motion considerations, all stations and vehicle types are not open, please refer to the detailed instructions.
There are three ways to carry a bicycle and take the train:
- Use the carrying bag: fold or unpack the bicycle into the carrying bag and use it as carry-on baggage. All trains can be used in this way.
People and passengers: bicycles can be brought to the train and the same passengers as the passengers. This type of trip is further divided into:
- Express Trains: The car has a dedicated parking frame
- Non Express Trains: Passengers are required to take care of their own vehicles and must not obstruct other passengers.
- Checking of bicycles: When you take a train with attached luggage compartments, you should treat the bicycle as a large baggage. People and bicycles are located in different compartments.
An application for the Taitung Railway and the High Speed Rail will also be provided. For detailed rules on various modes of travel, please refer to the following instructions:
Bicycles and passengers in the same compartment: Bicycles can be brought into the compartment without folding or packing.
1. The Administration has 666, 701, 708, 712, 81, 82, 751, 754, 758 Chu-Kuang Express with passenger & bicycle compartment. A person seat and a bicycle rack are provided in the compartment.
2. 81, 82 shift provided 45 people plus 45 bicycles; 616 shift provided 30 people 30 bicycles, the group booking of Taiwan Railway and high-speed rail is available.
3. 666, 701, 708, 712, 751, 754, 758 shift provided 15 people 15 bicycles, the group booking of Taiwan Railway and high-speed rail is not available.
● If you purchase more than 10 tickets, please go to "Group Booking".
● If you want to hold a large event, it is recommended that you apply for the "Taiwan Rail and High Speed Rail Special Train".
2. Booking method: You can book tickets through the Internet, or purchase tickets at the station ticket window, and open the convenience store and post office to collect tickets. divided into general passenger booking and group passenger booking. For the various booking rules, please see the "Concise Table of Booking Rules".
|Condition (pair: passenger + bicycle)||Not reach 10 people + 10 bikes||Up to 10 people + 10 bikes||Up to 25 people + 25 bikes||Up to 50 people + 50 bikes|
|Passenger discount||No discount||No discount||No discount||No discount|
|Bicycle discount||50% off||50% off||50% off||50% off|
|Item||Ordinary ticketing||Group ticketing|
|Booking Daily Opening Hours||Booking for 24 hours from December 4, 2012||9 am to 16:30 am|
|Ticket Purchase Limit||Limit 6 tickets per person per day.||Minimum grouping standard: 10 people plus 10 bicycles.|
|Number of People/Bicycles||The number of people and the number of bicycles must be the same.||The number of people can be greater than the number of bicycles, but for the group schedules of 72 and 73, when the number of people of group tickets is greater than the number of bicycles, the extra number will be placed in the general passenger compartment.|
|Open Booking Period||● Start booking two weeks before departure (14 days)
● Passengers can book two more days to the third Sunday on Fridays and Saturdays.
● From 2012.06.26, the passengers are allowed to book online on the day of the trip. At the latest, please complete the booking 1 hour before the train departs.
|Open the reservation 2 months to 20 days before the trip (please book through this website system)|
|Ticket Sales||1. Pre-sale date of the ticket sales window of the station: Within 12 days of the trip date (including the day of the trip).
2. Bicycle parking spaces and seats for tickets are not sold separately.
|Payment and collect ticket (including the day of booking) within 5 days after booking.|
|Ticket Collection (Next Day)||After the booking is completed, the ticket collection will be completed on the 2nd (including the day); the next day ticket will be booked, and the ticket will be collected during the business hours of each station on the day of booking.||When the number of people is greater than the number of bicycles, the number of people exceeding the number will be opened for another group ticket.|
|Ticket Collection (Same Day)||After the booking is completed, the ticket collection will be completed on the 2nd (including the day); The ticket booked is the same day user. At the latest, please complete the ticket collection 30 minutes before the departure.||When the number of people is greater than the number of bicycles, the number of people exceeding the number will be opened for another group ticket.|
|Ticket Exchange||The date of the trip, the train type, and the train number can be changed free of charge once.||On the 10th day after the ticket is purchased (excluding the day of purchase), after the system has re-ordered the new train, you can contact the station with the payment slip and the original purchase ticket to change the trip. ※It needs to be changed at the same time, only once|
|Ticket Exchange (Second)||The second application for the exchange shall be handled in accordance with the refund fee regulations for this Administration.||Ticket exchange only once.|
|Ticket Exchange Time||Passengers should completed the change 30 minutes before the train departs.||It should be processed 1 hour before the driving time, and will not be accepted when it is overdue.|
|Ticket Refund||The refund shall be handled in accordance with the refund fee regulations for this Administration.||The number of people and the number of cars after part of the refund and part of the ticket collection shall not be lower than the minimum standard of the group. If it is lower than the standard, only all refunds can be processed.|
|Refund Fee Regulations||Only within 12 days of the departure date, each handling fee is no less than NT$40; for more than 13 days, each handling fee is NT$20.||The refund fee for each ticket of the bicycle group, each refund fee is charged in different stages according to the refund date. However, the bicycle ticket, the refund fee per ticket shall not be less than NT$40; the general group ticket, not be less than NT$20.|
|Ticket Collection (Location)||Tickets can only be picked up at the ticketing windows of each station. Internet credit card payments are not available or tickets are collected at the Express Trains multi-function ticket vending machine.||Tickets can only be picked up at the ticketing windows of each station. Internet credit card payments are not available or tickets are collected at the Express Trains multi-function ticket vending machine.|
|Ticket Information||Same as the general ticket, and add the word "Zi" in the upper right corner. The full ticket includes the price of the bicycle ticket.||The seat card of the person and the bicycle is accompanied by the word "Zi" on the right; the general group ticket seat ticket is not marked, and the ticket information is the same as the general group ticket.|
If there is still something unclear, please call Service window
2. Because some stations lack the facilities related to bicycle entry and exit, if there is any need to enter or exit the station, please call our customer service phone number (0800-765-888 (limited to the city), 02-21910096) to help transfer the station to provide services.
3. After the passengers have completed the ticket collection, if they need guidance and other services, they can register with the station service desk.
4. Tickets for the passengers of the Taiwan Railway and the High-Speed Rail and bicycles are not applicable to the rules for the round-trip booking.
5. Passengers are responsible for their own bicycle storage responsibilities.
6. For consecutive holidays of more than three days, except for the provisions of this Administration, the environmental protection transportation business of the Taiwan Railway and the high-speed railway shall be handled as follows: from the day before the holiday to the day after the holiday:
(i) Suspension of Acceptance: The entire line of buses handles the group of Rail and High Speed Rail environmental trains, Charter Service and special car business.
(ii) Normal acceptance:
1. Chu-Kuang Express comes with the departure of Taiwan Raiway and high-speed rail with passengers & bicycles on train.
2. Pingtung Line and South-link Line use the space of the baggage car to handle the trip between the railway and the high-speed rail of passenger & bicycle on train (the limit for each shift is 8 people plus 8 cicycles).
3. Western Line, Shulin=Su'ao local train’s passenger & bicycle on train business (the limit for each shift is 8 people plus 8 bicycles).
4. North-link Line (Hualien to Yilan Section) and Taitung Line's environmental trains (no group of 10 or more people).